Thursday, February 23, 2012

Valentines is over...


This is the Valentines garland I made for our huge picture window! I need to take it down as we are getting to the end of Feb but I really like it. Guess I need to get busy on a St Patrick's Day one.


We had some apples that really needed to be eaten, so I found a recipe online for homemade baby applesauce, and so thats just what i did. I chopped up 6-8 apples, added 1 cup of water and 1 tsp of vanilla and cooked for 2.5 hours. Then I used my hand blender and made applesauce. Finished product below. :)


After making the apple sauce, I thought I might as well make the rest of the fruits too. I used canned fruits in 100% fruit juice and made peaches, and fruit cocktail. I mushed up bananas and had to add a bit of pear juice to as they were a little thick. Then I made up green beans too. I gave them to Mason that night and discovered they could have used a little bit longer being blended. There are still a few chucks in there, he isn't quite ready for chucks :)



Next on the agenda, homemade bitter biscuits! So easy, baby cereal, flour and juice! Bake at 350 for 30 min and you have baby cookies, as I call them!

No comments:

Post a Comment