Friday, March 2, 2012

Houston, We have a belly sleeper!!!!

We have been struggling with bedtime for a while now.  Mason was waking up every 2.5 to 3 hours during the night!!!  And that was to eat, let alone the times in between when we were putting the pacifier back in and turning his music on.  We have tried everything, cereal are night, up the oz in his bottles, and sometimes an extra bottle before bed.  Nothing seemed to help.  During the day he will go closer to 4 hours between bottles!!!  The other night I put him to bed on his side like always and left the room, and like always I was back in there in about 15 min putting the pacifier back in his mouth!  The usually goes on for about 30-45 min and then he stays asleep for about 2 more hours.  The last time I had popped in there to put a pacifier back in his mouth was 9:45pm.  I woke up in a panic at 1:45am because Mason hadn't woken up at all!  So I went to his room and he had rolled to his tummy and scooted to the bottom of his bed!  I wasn't going to move him, he was sleeping!  So I left him, went back to sleep and woke up again in a panic at 3:45am because he still hadn't woken up!!!!!  I checked on him and he had scooted a little bit up towards the middle of his bed but was still sleeping!  I couldn't believe it, I woke Adam up to tell him :)   As soon as I had laid back down to go to sleep, Mason woke up at 4:00am!!  Still 6 hours in a row is good for us!  I fed him put him back in bed and didn't hear a peep out of him until 7:15am the next morning, he had rolled back to his tummy again!!!  So for naps that day, I tried to just put him in bed half way asleep on his belly and he put himself to sleep and slept GREAT!!!!  Ditto for the next 2 nights.  He is inly getting up once now about 1:30 or 2:00 to eat and right bacvk to sleep!  I sure hope this keeps up!  I never thought I would be SOOO happy to see my baby sleeping on him tummy, and putting himself to sleep too!!!!!  He sure is getting big fast, doesn't seem right but he is almost 6 months!! 

Ok better get back to sewing my new projects, baby quilt for Mason and baby paper.  i will blog about those when I am done!

No comments:

Post a Comment